It is with great pleasure that we invite you to the upcoming “Eurosatory CBRN Roundtable” to be held at Eurosatory in Paris on Thursday, 14 June 2012.
The “Eurosatory CBRN Roundtable” will be held during Eurosatory 2012, the world’s leading Land & Air Land Defense and Security exhibition, and will focus on the “The EU CBRN Risk Mitigation Centres of Excellence” launched in 2010, which is an initiative of the European Union (EU) with an EU contribution of 95 million euros. It is implemented jointly by the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) and the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI). This new initiative will address the mitigation of and preparedness against risks, either of an intentional, accidental or natural origin, related to chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) materials or agents.
The “Eurosatory CBRN Roundtable” will address the following key questions:
- What is the role of the European Union in the world of CBRN?
- What are the “EU CBRN Risk Mitigation Centres of Excellence”?
- Are we entering into a “Global CBRN Renaissance”?
- What is the added value of the Industry to global CBRN challenges?
- What is the European Union role in fostering cooperation and support?
Confirmed speakers are:
- Dr. Sorin Popa, Programme Manager, European Commission Directorate General Development & Cooperation (DG DEVCO)
- Dr. Bruno Dupré, Policy Coordinator for CBRN issues, European External Action Service (EEAS)
- Mr. Anthony Thomas, CBRN Programme Manager International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL)
- Mr. Benjamin Hautecouverture, Research Fellow, EU Non Proliferation Consortium / Strategic Research Foundation (FRS)
To view the full programme click here
If you are attending the Eurosatory be also sure to visit our booth – Hall 5 – KJ 789